Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

The tail gate on my October 2000 Volvo V70 will not open with

Customer Question

The tail gate on my October 2000 Volvo V70 will not open with remote although all other doors open and close fine. Is there any way that this can be opened manually.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .you don't have a inner tail gate handle ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
You must then careful brake away rear tail gate panel and than careful brake lock to open and replace tail gate lock they fail and are common for problems like that hard part is now to work from inside thru the panel carful not to brake it can be done
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
I can send you info how it come a part ? Do you still need help?