Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

V 70 2.4 D Registered 2008 miles 48/49K. Whinning noise frequency

Customer Question

V 70 2.4 D Registered 2008 miles 48/49K. Whinning noise frequency changes with engine revs as it goes through the auto gears but is also present when vehicle is in "park" and "neutral". Lifting bonnet the noise seems to be coming from the offside or "front" of the engine. It started during a journey - everything was OK and then the noise came "just like that" and has been with the car ever since. Took it to the garage and they diagosed the power steering pump and changed the unit but the noise is still present. The nature of the noise is just like an old worn sychro on models of yesteryear but don't think this is the auto box. All I know is the noise is pretty irritating and constant.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .can you record video audio and send me to hear ?