Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have had the fault checked - I need a replacement sem (unit)

Customer Question

I have had the fault checked - I need a replacement sem (unit) - is there an independent vovlo specialist near to me in Melton mowbary who can fit a second unit and programme it to work in my car
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
enesd : you trying to Install used cem ?
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .enesd : you trying to Install used cem ? used cem will not work so you know you must use new cem it stores all info and if you use from other car it will have other car info
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can get a new cem - but the cost is very high - is it possible to just replace the multiplug only and leave the cem in place - everything else that it controls works fine.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
I don't think muti plug is sold alone you can ask but I allways replace new one thru do cost a lot but thr new ones are much better and will not brake anymore they are updated