Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi, I bought a 2002 2.4 D5 Volvo S60 (5 Cylinder) just over

Customer Question

I bought a 2002 2.4 D5 Volvo S60 (5 Cylinder) just over a month ago. It had starting issues when I bought it so I brought it to a local mechanic. One of the injectors was leaking so the garage replaced the seals on all the injectors as they were only €5 each from volvo. This improved the poor starting. Before the seals were changed it took about several turnovers to start the car now it took about 3. They also found that all the glow plugs were gone so I replaced these a week later. When I collected the car after the glow plugs were replaced it now takes as long to start as it did before any work was carried out on the car? Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Also I have just noticed some slipping in the clutch at high revs, its very slight and catches almost straight away when it happens but today with a car full of people it slipped slightly in each gear... It seams worse under load. I have no noise in the engine on idle so I would expect that the DMF is ok and might just be a clutch kit needed???????

John
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd :

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .

enesd :

clutch kit is maybe needed for clutch problem they wear out fast

enesd :

now for other problem you have you have new glow plugs and still problem

enesd :

you must test fuel pressure if you are loosing rest pressure like it leaks down thru injector or fuel pump or regulator it can give you long hard start

enesd :

so they must check again fuel pressure best is if you can use Volvo garage they can test on advanced Volvo scanner the fuel pump output on digital display and than measure it with gauge see if they match

enesd :

reply here when you online im in usa so is time difference and delay in replys