Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I lost the code for my radio, found a website that charged

Customer Question

I lost the code for my radio, found a website that charged £15.00, code didn't work.I called a volvo dealer, who gave me the same code. But the code didn't work. Purchased another radio from ebay, it came without a code. Now have two radios - no codes.
Is it possible to get a code from the serial number of one of these radios?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this.

You should be able to yes - what exactly is happening when you enter the code you have in the first radio?

Also - give me the serial number - and all other markings off your second radio and I will see what I can do on that for you... Im not promising a code - but I will check for you re your question as asked as above - ie, the possibilities of being able to get a code from the serial .It depends on the exact type / build.

Rgds - MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

When I enter the code the radio displays error, if I try 3 times it goes to off and I have to go through the 2 hour re-set process.

Thanks,

Jim.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

The serial number on the original radio is VO2080 11655175 N

The serial number on the second radio is VO2080 Y8215325 A

If you could find a code for either, I would be obliged.

Thanks,

Jim.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply -

Can you give me any / all other markings - inc the "make" of the radio?

Rgds - MIKE...........................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Here is everything from the radio.

VOLVO

30887084

14996 0111

Mae in Japan

e11

0292

The model is HU-605

Hope this helps,

Jim

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again James..

Ok - I think I see what's happened here. As part of my trade, I have spent many years in with radio coding etc -

As I said at the outset, I cant get you a code for this set but that is not the issue here anyway -

To get this issue sorted out for you, rather than type out all - Im going to give you a link... to a company that can help you.

I realise this is not a "quick fix" - but you will see , there is none Im afraid.... but it can be sorted for you.

Basically both radios appear to have electronically locked through either incorrect code entries or incorrect code entry methods..

Go to this link HERE James - and they can sort this out for you.

By the way, there are radio code specialsist- and there are radio code specialists... This is a good one that I can suggest....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.