Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi, my XC70 RTI Sat Nav often reverts to factory defaults,

Customer Question

Hi, my XC70 RTI Sat Nav often reverts to factory defaults, it also wakes up on power and 'thinks' it is somewhere else (always within a few hundred Metres of where I live), it can take many minutes to find itself. Prior to this, when stopping for fuel (for example) it would retain the itinerary but would need to have the Start Navigation button pushed to resume providing navigation assistance. I tried deleting all Stored and Most Recent entries (Volvo suggestion) and whilst they dissappear at the time, next time the ignition is turned off and then on they are all back, and I cannot find any new entries in the Most Recent list, nor add any entries in the Stored list. Any ideas how to solve these multiple issues?
Thanks and regard
Tony
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Shantal,

I'm OK to wait, I would really like a solution but it isn't time critical.

Thanks and regards
Tony

Hello Tony,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .did you go to volvo garage a d I stall new upgrade and hardware software upgrade that takes care of the problem with software update but only at volvo dealer garages
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Volvo garage said they updated the SW (or it was up to date). They quoted a lot of money to just replace and not repair the unit. On top of that I needed new maps as they were out of date, and the DVD that these came on did install an update to the SW, including adding of Safety Camera notification to the system which I didn't have before (or it wasn't working!). It didn't solve the problem.

Tony

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
than your only way is to fix to replace unit drive if the software did not help you