Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi I own a volvo s 40 1.6 diesel, about an a hour ago I filled

Customer Question

I own a volvo s 40 1.6 diesel, about an a hour ago I filled up with diesel and had a car wash
when I started the car a red triangle light came up, stating engine system service urgent,
is it ok to drive, it seems ok, what do you think is the problem.
appreciate some advice.
tks Denis
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
enesd : you can drive so long it drives normal
enesd : the light came on indicating some problem. With emission control it can be simple bad gasoline but also it can just bad sensor what you now and only way to know what triggering the light warrning on dash you must scsnner to read error codes from car ecu what gives you report what part to test
enesd : Follow up here
JACUSTOMER-gxr5g0n9- :

hI

JACUSTOMER-gxr5g0n9- :

Thank you for your reply, I hope to bring my Volvo s 40 to the dealer in the morning you have put my mind at ease, I thought it could be a serious problem, but what I understand from your reply it may not be as bad as I thought.

JACUSTOMER-gxr5g0n9- :

thanks again

JACUSTOMER-gxr5g0n9- :

regards

JACUSTOMER-gxr5g0n9- :

D

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Please remember to rate the Professional. Should you wish to ask further questions please feel free to continue.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
if you can take second rate my answer positive or neutral would be great if you can do that for me thank you