Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Ive accidentally knocked the internal wiper/washer assembly

Customer Question

I've accidentally knocked the internal wiper/washer assembly under the steering wheel of my Volvo 440 which has resulted in the rear wiper being permanently on!

so I looked behind the panel in the boot lid and pulled the 3 connecting wires to the motor in the boot lid, so I reconnected the three coloured wires (blue/white, brown and green) back into the same coloured adjoining ports for the connection and got the wiper moving.

I needed to use the car, so I (in a moment of madness) cut (!! I know a daft thing to do really!) the little brown wire on the motor in the boot lid which has stopped the wiper from working on the rear windscreen, but I now have a noise from the engine!

So does the motor for the rear screen wash and rear wiper blades in the boot lid also operate something under the bonnet? The front wipers and front screen wash jets are working, as are rear brakes, lights and indicators...

Should I now just drive my aging Volvo to a local scrap yard?

thanks!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

when you trun the ignition on with the engine off and the wipers off- can you hear this noise in the engine bay?

If so what side is it coming from and what type of noise is it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is no noise in the engine when turned off. there was a hum when the engine was running, but this has now subsided.

I'm not completely satisfied with the service, as wait over 24hours for a response, when i had been told that the "expert was working on my question".

Since then Just Answer has taken another £30 from my bank account with out my authorisation, the question and problem hasn't been sorted!