Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My son has a small yacht on river near Norwich and he ran out

Customer Question

My son has a small yacht on river near Norwich and he ran out of diesel last Sunday. The engine will now only let him travel for short distances and then stops.

I am in West Lancashire and I have suggested to him that he needs to prime the fuel pump as it will have sucked in air and have an air lock and also he may have partialy blocked the fuel filter as the tank became empty - The engine is about 1987 and ia a Volvo MD5c 7.5hp.

Can you help me to tell him how to prime the pump and clean the fuel filter?

Thanks, Tony
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tony,