Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Red warning light on for airbag diagnostics reveal drivers

Customer Question

Red warning light on for airbag diagnostics reveal drivers side ingniter circuit resistance too high mot on friday how do i fix it volvo dealers are all booked up Rory

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
enesd : can you give me the error code
enesd : in most cases you Will need to replace parts for airbag system
enesd : but i ned to know error code for srs
JACUSTOMER-wjdiojff- :

I dont have the error codes I was with kwik fit this morning and they put their computer on the system which revealed the diagnosis i gave you

JACUSTOMER-wjdiojff- :

did you get that last message

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
i would try first reset srs codes with scaner you must have that to reset or it will not turn off than if the light comes back on i would need that error code and i can tell you what part to replace . with no error codes i cant tell you what to replace other than clear codes and test drive see if it comes back
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have tried to reset but with no luck, now reading frontal air bag stage 1 fault, is this the clock spring ?

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Is either bad air bag or clock spring. The clock spring fails more frequent than air bag if self but both can trigger same code
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
any update on your volvo did you scanc for codes what was the repair did you do it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Could not fix it failed the mot will now have to take it to a dealer

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already said that the scan on the codes did not allow us to reset them, the car failed the mot and now i have to go to a dealer, your advice no matter how well intended was of no use to me.