Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi, How can I check if the cooling fan is faulty in my Volvo

Customer Question

How can I check if the cooling fan is faulty in my Volvo S80? So far I have checked the 12V power supply and it is ok. I have tried to switch on the fan by using OBD2 terminal but it did goes on doesn't matter if I choose 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% on the PWM module.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

Customer: Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Customer: to test cooling fan is best using vida activate
Customer: but those cooling fan modules go bad a lot and come together with fan assmbly all together
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is the control signal to Fan PWM analoque or digital? Could I try to activate the Fan somehow without DICE?

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
No you cant activate without dice. Is pwm analog so far remmber is signal. If you have lot volvo you can buy own dice install on pc or laptop . For any help on future ask for Enes in your question for volvo then I can help you if you don't ask for me it can go to any country world wide