Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

my volvo v70 2.4 2002 model cuts on slowing down. if i cruise

Customer Question

my volvo v70 2.4 2002 model cuts on slowing down. if i cruise to slow say approaching a corner and brake, the revs drop then engine cuts out . Always starts back up first time. Otherwise runs sweet as a nut no other symptoms. A reader put on says air mass sensor and have previously replaced lambda and air mass flow sensor (albeit second hand volvo part. but consider i would be unluky to have two fail) dont know if the volvo has a speed sensor because two people in the family have had similar symptoms /experiences and both times (focus snd daewoo) it was a speed sensor. A call to volvo parts and i was told by a young one the volvo didnt have one?.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
enesd : the problem can also what controls idle in the throttle under intake those throttle also called etm fail a lot
enesd : so I would try cleaning they can get dirty and stick plates can make bad idle or low idle turn car off cut out so try to go to shop and tell them to remove throttle and clean it out
JACUSTOMER-owpacwuy- :

Enes the thing is at all other times it idles perfectly also what does etm stand for?

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Etm is for electronic throttle module. They have problem and do get dirty I would try to clean first and see how it goes
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Feel free to reply here if you need more help I'm
Here to help . Do you heve more question ?