Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volvo 1.8 D year 2000 fault code 0001 Fuel Volume Regulator

Customer Question

Volvo 1.8 D year 2000 fault code 0001 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open

Now and then the car won't start, turns over but nothing happens. wait 30 mins and it will start.

It can run for weeks without a problem and then it won't start 2-3 times in a row. Temperature is not the cause as this can happen after a run or first start of the day.

It's always the same wait half an our and it starts an runs fine. There is no problems once started.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
enesd : did you replace new fuel pressure sensor ?
JACUSTOMER-6jrbdpqr- :

No I haven't done so as no fault code for that is showing only 0001

enesd : You must test fuel volume output from the fuel pump. And if that is good than try new sensor
enesd : Fuel volume control that from fuel pump and fuel regulator sensor controlled
JACUSTOMER-6jrbdpqr- :

As the car runs perfectly at all speeds I assume the fuel volume is fine.

enesd : You still have to test pump can be going. Weak the shop you take they can test quick
enesd : and then just replace fuel regulator sensor
JACUSTOMER-6jrbdpqr- :

It's the wait half an our and and all is fine that throws me, is there a delay of half an hour on the immobiliser

JACUSTOMER-6jrbdpqr- :

I don't believe there is an in tank fuel pump so do you mean the acual injector fuel pump?

JACUSTOMER-6jrbdpqr- :

Questions outstanding very bad service.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
There is no delay on immobilizer I would go from the did you have don't think is immobilizer