Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK

v50 diesel 208 13900 miles does it worth buying

Customer Question

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully I can help..

What its service/work repair history / overall condition wise?

Have you test driven as of yet?

Is the 13900miles genuine?

Private or dealer sale?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

V50 is from a Dealer it has a full service history with volvo stamps, i have not test drive it. I never had a diesel car before

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Given the very low mileage and the price is right aswell as the service history then it would be well worth going for.. Personally I would go for it - In my view Volvo's are pretty good cars depending on history and mileage and how they have been looked after of course then you shouldn't have any problems with it - of course you get the wear and tear depending on its use,..with the very low mileage then I doubt it will have much needing done to it really..As far as these diesels go you will noticed a difference in power wise aswell fuel consumption over the petrol versions.the only thing to watch for especially if it not going to be used much is the dpf as doing very low mileage wont do the filter any good.and can be expensive to doing a long motorway journey at least every so often to burn off the soot caught in the filter should keep it clear but if you do long journeys a lot then it shouldn't be an the end of the day its entirely down to individual choice and wither the cars suits your needs.But the key really is to get a feel for the car and get your own impression on it and to take it for good test drive.and listen out for any unusual noises from the engine/drive train aswell as suspension etc/warning lights/and ensuring especially the gearbox does changes smoothly..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank Robert,

unfortuneate i had made a mistake with my question.

The mileages on the V50 is really 139000 miles.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..No problem..

Ok..well 139,000miles isn't really all that to uncommon to see on diesels nowadays due to there ever increasing reduction in fuel consumption,but is little high for 2008 id say..but again the main areas really on engines with such high mileage is it service record/repair history overall/timing belt etc.if its been fully serviced at the correct times then you shouldn't really have any issues..the other areas is the clutch/flywheel.again high mileage diesels then that needs to be asked about and wither that has been renewed at any point - if not and its had a hard life towing etc then you maybe looking at that at some point during ownership depending how long your going to keep it aswell as use wise.something to bear in I say above you "really" do need to test drive it properly not just round the block etc..on motorway /country roads etc and listen out for any unusual noises/gearbox/suspension issues anything unusual..once test drives over then make sure you do mention it before you even commit to buying..I certainly wouldn't just fix your options to one particular vehicle maybe have look around for similar models maybe with lower mileage etc..but like I say its an individual choice if all looks well and the car has been well looked after which is what you want and it comes with a good warranty "making sure you know what it covers" then it maybe worth going for at the right price of course..I do hope this helps further..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for the informations

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there ..that's no problem glad to help..

Please don't forget to rate my answer as above,much appreciated.and if you ever need to ask anything else or advice then just ask..Best of luck Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

I see you have viewed your answer recently.and just wondered if you required any further help?

If you need to follow up or ask anything else ? then you are always more than welcome too and continue on the same question should you need to ask anything else..