Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Light has come on with message something like, Transmission

Customer Question

Light has come on with message something like, 'Transmission service check'.
This is a new to me 2nd hand car, just bought, so I'm not used to the sound of it, but it seems to be making something like a ticking sound. Although I would expect that to some extent as it's a diesel, but this sounds a little like what I would have called 'the tappets' in an older car. Supposedly the cambelt was replaced just before I bought it.
Any ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

enesd : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
enesd : valve tapers can wear out and be noise but you can drive car it will not harm anything for that noise
enesd : Transmission service you must use garage computer scanner to read the error codes to see what sensor is failed
enesd : Reply here