Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

where is the oil pressure switch on my 2006 v70 the manual

Customer Question

where is the oil pressure switch on my 2006 v70 the manual says to the right of the oil filter and down on the sump line I have taken the air pipe from the air flow meter to the manifold to look be hind not there the main problem is I have no warning light at all engine runs fine very quiet mileage 70.000
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please do carry on.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

On the engine block, just above the sump, part number 1 in the illustration:

You should check this, and its wiring (connector), and if the problem persists, and the sensor is good, the wiring is good, then the problem is from the instrument cluster itself.
You can first remove the instrument cluster, and check the bulb for the oil pressure before getting any further.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Regards, Billy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it turns out that model Volvo d5 has no oil pressure switch a engine reconditioner advsed me has it got one' Volvo said there is not one listed for my model. a message flashes on my dash your advice is what I told you I got it off the manual

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

What is the message flashing on your dash?