Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have an D80 D5 on an 05 plate. The boot lid tends to open

Customer Question

I have an D80 D5 on an 05 plate. The boot lid tends to open when I open the rear o/s door or sometimes when I turn on the ignition. Can you help me please?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .most problem are linked if your boot opens by it self is thr boot handle inside micro switch is going bad and is sending wrong signal and opens up . Correction replace new boot lid handle and is recommend to install new boot lid wiring harness at same time