Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Rear seat release catch not working on right hand side. Any

Customer Question

Rear seat release catch not working on right hand side. Any suggestions?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Enes : seat belt catches can't be so to say open and reused if you open it will brake so end results is to unlock them you brake them and replace them
Enes : if you re use old I have seen in case the unlock they can get stuck when you use with seat belt around you and you have to cut the belt to get out
Enes : Rear seat belt catches do fail more than front for some reason
Enes : Reply here follow up
JACUSTOMER-wnmdz42e- :

Hello Enes. the fault is not with the seat belt catch, but with releasing the vertival part of the rear seat, so I can put larger loads in the tailgate. Mike

Enes : So you can't fold the seat down the seat belt prevents it is to tight?
Enes : Or you have Broken catch
JACUSTOMER-wnmdz42e- :

It is nothing to do with the seat belt. The right hand half of the seat does not drop down because the release catch does not seem to engage with anything when you press it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Enes, but we are still at square one, with this problem. I cannot drop the right hand side of the rear seat. When I press the release catch nothing happens, it’s as if the mechanism was disconnected.