Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

was driving back from holiday last Friday and the car started

Customer Question

was driving back from holiday last Friday and the car started to judder a bit, then the dash board indicator which normally has the letter D indicated when driving disappeared and the car was locked in 6th gear (automatic). Engine seemed ok so kept driving to get to next junction, then engine warning light came on saying engine service urgent, power was cut so could only drive at 30mph, managed to get off motorway and stop at service station. Got towed in by AA to Volvo dealer, now waiting diagnostics.

Do you have any idea what it could be, engine was running fine until gear box problem now running like a pig with no power?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Enes : can you provide me error code from scanner for the engine service
Enes : It can be bad sensor of module
Enes : but I can give more info if I know the error code ask Volvo dealer to provide where the car is now