Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a V70 2.4D Mk3 and the reset button and the read button

Customer Question

I have a V70 2.4D Mk3 and the reset button and the read button on the left hand stalk have stopped working.

I have disconnected and reconnected the plugs (with battery disconnected) and still the same any ideas? Faulty cable/ faulty stalk assembly?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Enes : tell more what problem you have the messages on display in istrument panel are bad ?
JACUSTOMER-xj6rfsb5- :

Hi Enes, no problems with the instrument panel display,

JACUSTOMER-xj6rfsb5- :

I can change the displayed info, ie average mpg , speed etc, just am unable to reset the average mpg and speed and unable to read /cancel any messages.

Enes : Did you try new switch ?
Enes : most the time problem are in software it gets bad and software upgrade at volvo dealer can help solve the issue
Enes : if software don't help than next is processing module called steering where module or Swm and that would be replaced as last step