Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Have a Volvo V50 2.5 SE T5, 2004, with 88000 Miles, comes up

Customer Question

Have a Volvo V50 2.5 SE T5, 2004, with 88000 Miles, comes up with reduced Engine performance, and goes into limp mode, when you switch it off and restart, it goes back to normal, until it does it again soon after, can you tell me what the problem is.

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Enes : what are you error codes on a scanner ?
JACUSTOMER-nfmdr63n- :

Cylinder missfire

Enes : If you have misfire most common is bad spark plugs and bad ignition coils
Enes : If you have new spark plugs then you need all new ignition coils
Enes : to test pull out coil and slide rubber boot down around the ignition coil you will see most hair line crack on coils indicating blown coil
JACUSTOMER-nfmdr63n- :

Just put the scanner on it again, came up 6814 Turbocharger (TC) Faulty Signal, 990A Idle air trim Faulty Signal

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you have not been helpfull, so cancel the question.

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will go ahead and close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,