Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My Volvo V70 automatic (T-reg) looses power at 5,000 revs.

Customer Question

My Volvo V70 automatic (T-reg) looses power at 5,000 revs. Nothing was changed. No recent service. It just happened. any ideas? Thanks Brian
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Brian,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Quite happy to wait. Garage had the car again yesterday. They queried fuel delivery - have tested the pump at idle and it's ok. I'm dropping the car up to them from Wed for them to think further. Let me know what you come up with!

Brian

PS Don't forget, UK model, 1999 reg, 250,000 on clock. Automatic

Hello Brian,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Brian,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Shantal

Didn't think this would be an easy one as the local garage are very good, and they're are scratching their heads too. Car is with them for the rest of the week so happy for you to keep going. Might just be that the car is worn out, though a bit early for a Volvo!

Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are there any warning lights coming on at all?

Is the vehicle setting any codes?