Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi I have a v70R AWD 1999 2319cc it was running reasonably

Customer Question

hi I have a v70R AWD 1999 2319cc it was running reasonably ok until last week when it stalled a couple of times . Now it wont start at all I am fairly sure that it is a fuel related problem. Does nt seem to be electronic ie the relay etc I understand that the throttle housing is tempremental on these cars ? please advise
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Does the vehicle spin over?
If so,Can you smell fuel while spinning over
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi mike

yes the car spins over and actually starts sometimes but then idles for about a second or two then dies ? is difficult to tell about petrol smell when in the car

Ok these vehicles do have issues with the throttle body and primarily the butterfly valve inside the throttle body gets restricted with carbon debris. The intake valves also get gummed up with carbon. What I would suggest for this issue is to change the fuel filter and clean out the throttle body with intake cleaner. After the vehicle is running,run some sea foam through the system and this should cure the problem.