Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi Ive got problem whit timing on Volvo s40 2.0 turbo year

Customer Question

Hi I've got problem whit timing on Volvo s40 2.0 turbo year 2001. We had to do the cylinder head which technician strip all down even cam shaft gears, but he have proble and he wouldn't be in for long time We put all back but timing is issu. Not right so need help step by step. We have autodata and print from Volvo but still we can't do please help on [email protected] fortgarage .co.uk or 01273 415161 ask ally payment no prob.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Are you having a problem lining up the timing ??

when you did the timing what problem did you have .

Did you do a compression test after you did the timing
if not do so and let me know what each cylinder compression was

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi we just had the head off and after we did the timing car running so bad so I need the setting on the camshafts, I have the auto data but it is not clear enough on the camshaft or TDC, BTDC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need the answer this morning please if it is going to take long time I have to send the car out Ta

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ally .

Did you set up the timing as shown in the diagrams below starting to fit the belt in the direction of the numbers ,from the front anticlockwise .

Please click here for diagrams , sorry took so long but had problems with the upload system.