Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2010 vwcaddy and when i turn the ignition a flashing

Customer Question

I have a 2010 vwcaddy and when i turn the ignition a flashing spanner sign appears on the dash screen for a few seconds and is replaced by the milage numbers.Do i have a problem.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

From your description that sounds like your service light "orange spanner symbol" basically a timed reminder - most if not VW's have these come up and go out when service is due or the service /oil change interval is nearing or due..so not necessarily a problem in itself..they can be reset once the above oil /service has been completed and then it reset again till the next time usually oil every 10,000miles or yearly/interval service 20,000miles 2 years...They can be reset manually "on some models" on the instrument panel by pressing and holding the button to the right of the temp guage / turn the ignition on / release that button within 20seconds / turn the button next to the fuel guage or left of it to the right to reset the display / switch ignition off..Other modesl require the service interval to be reset using the service reset tool or diagnostic machine via the 16pin DLC socket below the steering under the dash..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include any further information before you rate - then just continue...