Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

The horn on my v40 suddenly started sounding continuously??

Customer Question

The horn on my v40 suddenly started sounding continuously?? any ideas?? I've disconnected the horn and everything works but I am concerned that the battery may be draining?? and I don't have a horn!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are having is a failed clock spring that is located behind the drivers air bag,when this fails the horn sounds without being pressed.The air bag has to be removed inorder to replace this.
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need most the time all problem if your horn stays on all time on are linked to bad contact shorting in steering wheel now air bag from steering wheel has to
Come out to inspect and repair the problem that is problem in most cases on that model