Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

after leaving my volvo 240 for a while i reconnected the the

Customer Question

after leaving my volvo 240 for a while i reconnected the the battery immediately the alarm went off and was unable to start the car i have had the car for over 10 years and did not know it had an alarm. hoping you can help me
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Try this,disconnect both battery cable ends and leave disconnected for 10 minutes,then reconnect the battery cable ends and put the key in the ignition and turn to the on position but do not start.Leave this way for 5 minutes then try to start,this should reset the system.
Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Suggestion no good had to call volvo electrician

Ok. I'm glad you got the issue resolved. Thank you.