Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My warning light is on permanently and a message says that

Customer Question

My warning light is on permanently and a message says that an engine service is required and that the engine performance is reduced. Servicing is up to date and this problem was checked by a diagnostic computer. Nothing mechanically, was found to be wrong but the car does feel sluggish when you accelerate. Also a message is permanently indicating that the tailgate is open when it isn't. I'm frustrated to say the least! Any ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you used advanced volvo scanner ? Or did you scan using regular obd2 scanner ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I suspect that it was a general scanner as this wasn't done at a volvo garage, and I doubt that they would have access to a specialist volvo scanner. Hope this helps. Jayne

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
You will have to use VOLVO special scanner . I'm sure they use regular scanner but they don't find anything wrong due to that regular scanner can't pick up error like volvo advanced scanner