Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Volvo 740gle (1987) auto. When putting the heating

Customer Question

I have a Volvo 740gle (1987) auto. When putting the heating system on, I only get warm air in the car. The control is at its max, and no matter what speed I put it at, only warm air is received. could you tell me what the problem would be & can I fix it, or have to take it to the Volvo garage.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failed temperature door actuator and when the actuator fails it is stuck on one temperature.The actuator is located inside the dash.