Mike
Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 2009 XC60 makes on knocking noise when i pull away on full

Customer Question

My 2009 XC60 makes on knocking noise when i pull away on full lock. I've only had the car 3 weeks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you .

Your symptoms are that of worn drive shaft constant velocity joints - or, in the drive line / suspension system... the former is the common fault with that description...

What I suggest you do - if you bough the car from a trader, contact them and have them look at this for you - such is under warranty as you have only had it such a short time...

If it was a private sale - a garage is best to help you here as it needs to be road tested - experience of the fault will tell the tech when he hears it what it is - and / or, an inspection on the ramp.

I don't know if its a job you can do yourself or not ( if not under warranty) - you can let me know if you need any more direction / help of course in that regard.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.