Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

my recent question re volvo v70 clicking sound etc i have started

Customer Question

my recent question re volvo v70 clicking sound etc i have started car twice when i move auto gear lever the gear selection through park to drive is very jerky causing the car to select each movement but not smoothly, i hope this helps you ( if this is a common problem should VOLVO UK be responsible in rectifying the issue?) regards Godfrey
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Godfrey,

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.DID YOU CHECK FOR FAULT WITH SCANNER SO FAR ? ANY DASH WARRNINGS ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my first question was four messages brake failure stop safely.antiskid requires service,engine management requires service,imbobiliser,also rev counter not working ,load clicking sound below gear shift.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Ok but all problems you list can be from module failure or sensor ?
So you must use scanner now to know start point what to do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Enes both my eobd reader and a friends laptop failed to link with car, in addition to the faults i listed the car will sometimes start, all but the fuel gauge fail to work, if put into N the clicking sound under the auto lever stops,when lever is moved the car is jerked as though it wants to engage quickly. I hope this enables you to sugest a remedy, could it be as simple as moisture in or on the ecm ?

thanks for your input so far

Godfrey

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
You need to can comunication reading obd2 scanner also you must use advanced volvo scanner regular obd2 will not help much