Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi I have a volvo v70 d5 auto 52 plate. Mileage 149800. I have

Customer Question

Hi I have a volvo v70 d5 auto 52 plate. Mileage 149800. I have just been for a short drive and on my return journey found that the kickdown has stopped working, the car still goes through the gears but at a slower speed. I tried using the lower gears manually but still no difference. I did not notice any strange noises either from the gearbox or the engine just the lack of power from the kickdown. There's no indication on the dash display as to any problem. can anyone throw some light on what to check or adjust. Thanks Mark.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mark,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal, I would like to get the problem sorted, I have been out in the car today and everything worked fine but feel as though the same thing could happen at anytime. I spoke to a friend with a slightly newer model today and he had a similar problem with his car going into limp home mode. His fix was the fuel filter. So hoping that my problem is a simple fix.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you can start with fuel or air filter . But first would be best to scan car for error codes see if system picked up error code