Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi I have owned my volvo c30 1.6d 09 plate for 2 years. I bought

Customer Question

Hi I have owned my volvo c30 1.6d 09 plate for 2 years. I bought it from XXXXX XXXXX and I have had problems ever since purchasing the car. My friend is a mechanic and has a fault reader and since I have owned it 2no. Faults have always been present no matter how many times we have cleared them. I have had to have the dpf forced regen twice and have been told by Volvo in bradford that it needs a new dpf due to it not fully regenerating. My question to you is. Will the Dpf regenerate when the fault code p0089-fuel pressure regulator 1 performance is present? I have read that it won't when other associated engine faults are present. And as I understand it, the fuel pressure is altered when doing city driving to allow for the dpf to regenerate at low speeds. I may have this all wrong but not one of the garages it has been to has ever mentioned a fuel pressure regulator fault and I can't understand why when it is clearly there on a fault code reader? Can you please help as ten dpf is £550 to replace and I expect the fp sensor to be around £200 which if I am right is the sole cause of the fault anyway so it will also need replacing?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : dpf goes a bad and if you have code for it I lean more towards that
Enes : with advanced volvo scanner not any scanner you can test fuel pressure sensor and measure manual with gauge fuel output if that is good than go with new dpf
JACUSTOMER-s0hgzm0l- :

Sorry, its not a simple case of i am trying to find the correct fault, as mentioned I am trying to determine whether or not the fault code P0089 Fuel Pressure Regulator Pressure 1 would stop the DFP from regenerating and although it is not a Volvo Reader why would that fault always be there?

Enes : If you like exact more detailed answer can you maybe get volvo scanner codes ?