Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volvo v70 2002 dash not illuminated, indicators dont work,central

Volvo v70 2002 dash not illuminated, indicators dont work,central locking wont work,rear wiper wont work.Car starts normally.Hazard lights work.Main beam and indicators only work if ignition is on but car not started.Radio also works.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : you need to do next step hook up diagnostic scsnner and get me error codes
Enes : i can help you cross refernce codes and help you in right direction
Enes : checking codes without scanner on p2 volvosif u want to know if there is any codes stored in any module on your p2 Volvo follow these steps 1. turn on car and close doors and clear info display of any messages by pressing read button 2. with ur foot on the brake pedal hold down the read button and hit the rear fog lamp button twice. now your car info display will read checking dtcs in vehicle and you can scroll through each module by hitting the read button until u go through every module. this method will only tell you if there is a code stored and will not give you a specific code.you still have to use scanner and get error codes you will use so called vida volvo scanner
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Enes,

Don't have scanner and as dash is totally blank I cannot get any readout on info display.My mechanic believes cem module(NNN) NNN-NNNNis dead and must be replaced

Mickey

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
It can bad cem they go bad a lot but cem module must only by volvo garage replaced thr new cem must have software installed to work and all keys also get re programed and only VOLVO garage with software access to volvo can do it . You can't use a used part from another car it will not work . From what you describe if you don't have scanner and all wires going to cem test ok I would agree with you and your mechanic next move is cem module