Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

1970 Volvo Amazon 131 indicator arm does make the lights work,

Customer Question

1970 Volvo Amazon 131 indicator arm does make the lights work, but repeat action u/s. Do I have to remove the steering wheel to access the switch or is it something else? Please advise.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, yes keep trying please. The indicator arm does make the lights work, but I have to keep flicking the arm manually to let other drivers know that my intention is to turn left/right.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you car is to old for me even to know to answer it . I know new volvo but not that old
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, the car is a 2 door 2 litre manual sedan. Originally classed as a 131, it has been extensively restored, including a new engine with overdrive and it now becomes a 122s. I know that the switch at the end of the indicator arm is housed in the cover behind the steering wheel.When I wish to indicate, although the front and rear indicator lights do come on, they do not "flash". Is the fault in the switch or in some relay under the bonnet? Please advise. If this query is beyond your level of expertise I will understand. Thank you. Gordon Herriot.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

what you describe is not switch they come on they dont flash so that sound like bad stuck turn signal relay

also this people have old parts and relays contact them this what i can offer with this car as help

http://www.swedishtreasures.com/

http://ipsvintagevolvoparts.com/

this book should help locate maybe location you can buy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-AMAZON-121-122-123GT-131-132-221-222-223-1961-70-OWNERS-REPAIR-MANUAL-/331112922858?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item4d17de3eea#ht_309wt_684

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Do you have more questions for me ? If you have time can you give some feedback my boss loks for feedback from you to me to be ok