Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a Volvo v70 d5. if I accelerate on a slight incline

I have a Volvo v70 d5. if I accelerate on a slight incline it goes into urgent sevice
reguired mode.power is reduced,i turn off key whilst running and it resets to ok.then it can happen again under hard acceleration. the cor is 2002 and fully serviced,though the turbo does whistle quite a lot.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : do you have scanner error codes
Enes : ?
Enes : checking codes without scanner on p2 volvosif u want to know if there is any codes stored in any module on your p2 Volvo follow these steps 1. turn on car and close doors and clear info display of any messages by pressing read button 2. with ur foot on the brake pedal hold down the read button and hit the rear fog lamp button twice. now your car info display will read checking dtcs in vehicle and you can scroll through each module by hitting the read button until u go through every module. this method will only tell you if there is a code stored and will not give you a specific code.
Customer:

hi, do I go and try this? what should I be looking for?

Enes : Record. All messages you read from. Display it will say like ECM dstc stored srs dtx stored reply and update me
Customer:

did as you asked.no messages came up.screen just remained blank.

Enes : You have service uregent there is code stored
Enes : If you can't do manually test you must hook up scanner
Enes : it can be problem. With sensor or turbo control solenoids
Enes : but now to know what sensor to replace we need scanner error codes than you can know what to replace and I tell you what and how to do
Enes : you must either buy scanner it use VOLVO garage
Customer:

hi,tried it again and it worked.started to get all codes read out but I forgot to put engine on and battery went flat. I will do again tomorrow and come back to you.

Enes : Ok let me know
Customer:

ok will do,just waiting for a battery charger to arrive.

Enes : Ok
Customer:

hi,readings. DTCS IN VEICHLE/BCM DTC SET/SRS READY/ECM DTC SET/AUM READY/CEM CHECKING/

Customer:

continued,DIM READY/DDM DTC SET/CCM DTC SET/PDM CHECKING/REM CHECKING/SWM READY/UEM DTC SET/ that's them all.

Enes :

ecm dtc set is indication it can bad control solenoid bad or even bad module

Enes :

but to know more now you must use advanced scanner at volvo garge they can run more testing

Enes :

i think you have bad turbo control valve from how you say problem

Enes :

but i cant be sure thru email until you run again advanced scanner

Enes :

but it confrims the test you did fault is stored in ecm engine control module