Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi i have a 2007 xc90 2.4 diesel which i bought ad a none runner

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2007 xc90 2.4 diesel which i bought ad a none runner with head damage due to someone trying to remove the injectors. So rather than mess about i changed the complete head for a good second hand one. Everything is back on but it wont start! We have checked the timimng and even turned it 180 degees ect.bled the diesel even changed the fuel pressure pump on the back of the camshaft, changed cam sensor. It will fire on easy start but will not run, we suspect a fuel problem? Can anyone help?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : checking codes without scanner on p2 volvosif u want to know if there is any codes stored in any module on your p2 Volvo follow these steps 1. turn on car and close doors and clear info display of any messages by pressing read button 2. with ur foot on the brake pedal hold down the read button and hit the rear fog lamp button twice. now your car info display will read checking dtcs in vehicle and you can scroll through each module by hitting the read button until u go through every module. this method will only tell you if there is a code stored and will not give you a specific code.