Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I just changed 6 disk cd radio in v50 with one off eBay it

I just changed 6 disk cd radio in v50 with one off eBay it comes on for about 20 seconds then cuts off what do I need to do please
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : you can't do that the CD player is main control module for radio if used from another car it will not work due to vin is stored from another car and don't match with your after it runs self test
Enes : you can try going to volvo dealer try reload to so called iam module
Enes : if takes software it can work
Enes : but in most cases it will not work
Enes : I have seen some cars work lets you reload and relearn new vin and cd radio all will work