Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a v40 1600 2003/4, my problem is starting, if left overnight

Customer Question

I have a v40 1600 2003/4, my problem is starting, if left overnight or after a few hours I have to keep the engine cranking until it starts. After that it starts first time. I have renewed the pressure regulator sensor convinced that was the problem but it was not so now I'm stuck.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a failing fuel pump. The first step that I would recommend is to have the fuel pressure checked and monitored, this sounds like the pump pressure is bleeding down.