Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Volkswagen Passat CC Saloon 1.8 2009-2010 when driving on

Volkswagen Passat CC Saloon 1.8 2009-2010 when driving on fairly unlit roads coming from the left headlight 3 strips of light shoots across left to right on the ground so going onto oncoming traffic, it seems to be the lines on the glass of the headlight . Having taken this back to Preston motor Park and left it with them they say the lights are set correct ,ie MOT they say its the make of car i find it off putting is it a on going thing with this make
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal please continue i would like a answer to it . Like i said they agree there is lines that shoot left to right but because its been through its MOT they are not willing to change the glass front in case they still have the same problem. I know other people have had the same problem seen it on other sites but there as never been a answer or reason why. But believe me it is really annoying when driving more so if you are on the motorway or on a narrow road .Thanks Colin

Hello Colin,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.you can't change that is how is set by VW you can request to be changed on your own request what direction but you will have re adjust when you go for mot testing again . Many people have asked question like your but no so to say good fix other than you request the change and tell them what direction you like to be moved. Some shop will do it .also installing non VW headlights seems to fix the issue many people reported also .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Enes' thanks for your help. Although set by VW' is it intended to serve a purpose or is it a fault ? Thanks again Colin

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
VW never admited that is fault they say it passes uk and mot testing so there is nothing out there on paper written for that to say it is problem. Or not .but lot poeople have asked and complain about that issue so far no good fix out there to say is correct repair .
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.