Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

My Volvo xc90 intermittently wont move out of Park when starting

My Volvo xc90 intermittently won't move out of Park when starting up. Seems to happen most on frosty mornings... Come back from work and it's fine. What can I do to sort?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : you problem is most common for that as gearshifter levers sticking inside gearshifter
Enes : repair is remove clean and wash down with warm water all moving parts re lube and re adjust shifter Cabels
Enes : And that takes care of problem . It gets easy muddied by many mechanics but that is your problem in worst case you need new shifter if it can't be cleaned out or brakes at cleaning but is very rare
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Fell free to follow up if you have more questions ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Enes do you have a rough idea how much this would cost me to get fixed at a garage, and whats the worst case price! thanks Harvey

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
Cleaning adjusting 350 euros. Shifter assembly complete is 550 euros that is parts and labor