Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a 2005 pre-facelift Volvo XC70 D5 AWD with 160K miles

Customer Question

I have a 2005 pre-facelift Volvo XC70 D5 AWD with 160K miles on the clock. Recently I noticed that the car wanders slightly on the road. Also seems to pull sliggtly to the left for a bit, then suddenly tgere is no strain on the ateering as it wanders back the opposite direction. I have replaced both front wishbones, and also the offside inner toe rod end. Wheel alignment has been correccted front and back, and the front tyres have been replaced. All link rods and cv joints have been checked and are fine. The wandering has lessened, but stll there. Also, steering is the lightest power steering I have used. When cornering it feels a little jerky as the steering wheel is turned.

Can anyonone offer advice?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : did you check your tires they can have lost the balance plus it can slipped belt on tires also
JACUSTOMER-a2edxs2y- :

JACUSTOMER-a2edxs2y- :

Yes, I replaced the front tyres with a good pair of Pirelli Scorpion STR part worn tyres.

JACUSTOMER-a2edxs2y- :

The replacement tyres have been properly balanced and wheel alignment adjusted front and back.

JACUSTOMER-a2edxs2y- :

I am not satisfied with this response. It provides no answers, and is unintelligible.

Enes : I try to help you
Enes : you reply rate me bad ?
Enes : Sorry u was not able to get chance to talk to you more
Enes : this will close chat and I will exit if somone has idea from other experts they will see and reply you don't have to do anything just wait if somone else likes to help