Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have an o 04 reg volvo xc90 with 140K on the clock. it has

Customer Question

I have an o 04 reg volvo xc90 with 140K on the clock. it has two propblems
the tautomatic gearbox jumps out of top gear at increasing regularity. I am told i need a new gearbox. is their anything that can be done to reduce the cost of this repair
I now also have a fuel problem either with the fuel pump or injector so that the car is stopping every few hundred yards
again is this a very expensive major repair
interested in views
many thanks paul
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : you can order fuel pumps from USA cheaper
Enes : www.usaeuroparts.com
Enes : Some people if you have full coverage on your car insurance claim as road hazard damage they say they hit trans and it broke insurance then pays for trans. But it has to be damaged broken
Enes : you can get used trans also
Enes : there is not much you can do fix old trans both worth opening and rebuild hole trans