Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

I have a volvo v50 t5 se geartronic 2004 car. When driving,

I have a volvo v50 t5 se geartronic 2004 car. When driving, especially with cruise control on and on the motorway, it maintains 70mph but you can feel the car pull and then back off and then pull and back off. I wandered what might cause this? I've just got the car and there are no other issues, it's done 97,000 miles.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : if happening with cruise control and no dash warrnings are on than it can be software issue
Enes : I would first than at volvo garage they can only do perfrom so called total can upgrade this will upgrade and re write new software what can help your problem.
Customer: Ok, thanks for that. I'll take it to my local volvo garage and ask them to check it and possibly upgrade the software. There are no warning lights at all.
Enes : So software will be you first step
Enes : if you don't mind can't take second just rate the answer my boss's looks for your feedback to be or ok or better thank you again
Customer: Yes, I'll try the software upgrade. Could it be anything else?
Enes : Software is most common other part can be your cem module or Swm module but those cost a lot also but software can reciver them in most cases
Customer: Thank you.