Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hi, Ive just bought a 2008 v70 and the radio/Bluetooth clicks

Hi, I've just bought a 2008 v70 and the radio/Bluetooth clicks off and on independently. Not a major issue until last Friday all the dash warning lights and warning sounds went off simultaneously while I was driving. Garage said it was a faulty fuse (which they changed) but radio now back on the blink again. Is this a sign of some bigger issue - I only have 3 month warranty so want to ensure the garage gets this issue fixed if it is something bigger.
Mick
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : Can you describe me more the problem in details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Issue arose again today. As I'm driving (after 10 minutes switching on), all lights on the dashboard LCD suddenly light up (eg. handbrake, ASC, airbag, warning light, indicator etc.). Message option tells me there are several problems all at once - brake failure, airbag failure, rear parking censor service required etc. The radio & bluetooth switch on and off every few seconds. However, the car continues to drive ok (i.e. the brakes do work thankfully!). After about 5 minutes, while still driving, the dashboard went back to normal. The garage said they would need to see car when all above is occurring however I obviously cannot tell when this will occur again.

Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like bad cem module they go bad and act same way you describe .first step would reading error codes to conform fault codes in cem if they stored you replace a cem but if has to be programed only at volvo garages with software to work .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is a CEM module expensive to repair /replace?
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.
The cem module are not cheap they cost close to 950 euros parts and labor on my way is to replace can't fix open them up .