Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi. I have a Volvo S60R MY 2004 which has a very small leak

Hi. I have a Volvo S60R MY 2004 which has a very small leak from the power steering unit. It would appear to be the centre seal. Do you think that a leak sealer could possibly work? If so, which one is compatible with Volvo power steering fluid? Thank you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help.

There is stop leaks additives you can try usually the most common is the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak...most local motor factors may have this - although this often requires having to drain some of the power steering fluid you have in the reservior before you can add this..and then see if helps the issue or stem it completely - but usually the end result if that doesnt work is to have the defective seal replaced..but if its only a very small leak then the stop leak additive as above would be well worth trying out.and its compatable with all fluids..I do hope this helps.