Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Hello, I have a 2000 S80 T6 with an intermittent (although

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2000 S80 T6 with an intermittent (although getting worse) performance problem. From a cold start the performance is very good although for the first few seconds it is not particularly smooth. When warming up the performance is normal but as the vehicle reaches its operating temperature the performance appears to drop considerably, almost as if there is no boost from the turbos. This appears worse if the vehicle is sat in traffic for a while so i'm wondering if it is heat related. It has however had a fair few items replaced recently to try to fix this and a similar problem. All of these items have been carried out by an authorised volvo service centre.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I have yet to receive any answers I'm afraid. I was assuming maybe people didn't do this as much at the weekend so was hoping things would get started tomorrow.

Rob
Hello Rob,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.do this test and report back to me

checking codes without scanner on p2 volvos
if u want to know if there is any codes stored in any module on your p2 Volvo follow these steps
1. turn on car and close doors and clear info display of any messages by pressing read button
2. with ur foot on the brake pedal hold down the read button and hit the rear fog lamp button twice.
now your car info display will read checking dtcs in vehicle and you can scroll through each module by hitting the read button until u go through every module. this method will only tell you if there is a code stored and will not give you a specific code.