Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

i have a c70 2006 2.4i se the engine warning light came on

i have a c70 2006 2.4i se the engine warning light came on and threw up a fault with front and rear o2 sensors my garage replaced them and cleared the codes. the light came back on withina few hours but when the garage checked no codes were shown how can we get rid of it engine is running fine but with the light constantly on i wont no if the is a new problem
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : can you send me all current codes I will review them and tell you more
Enes : I need full description from scanner and code as far what it says it help narrow it down
Customer:

there are no codes currently showing since we fixed the o2 sensors just carn't get rid of the light

Enes :

the light is only when fault codes are stored

Enes :

so you must use advanced volvo scanner what can read more advanced codes it will be code stored what will help you fix problem o2 sensors do not go bad as muc him sufre you have other problem

Enes :

only way now is to buy advanced scanner or go to volvo garage

Enes :

also is recomend to flash upgrade software with latest

Customer: Thanks looks like a trip to volvo then thanks