Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

hi I have a v50 Volvo , 2005 model , its started to rev high

Customer Question

hi I have a v50 Volvo , 2005 model , its started to rev high , text message on dash says reduced engine power , and a loud whistling noise from front of engine about half way down , power is low and a bit lumpy
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 3 years ago.

Enes :

Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is Enes I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.

Enes :

CAN YOU GO ENGINE WHILE IS RUNNING PULL ENGINE OIL DIPSTICK OUT OR LOOSEN OIL CAP SEE IF YOUR ENGINE NOISE GOES AWAY WHISTLING SOUND AND REPLY BACK TO ME

JACUSTOMER-kcbv35lx- :

hi I have got a fault code p2110..... and the whistling sound still there ref oil cap or dip stick , and have had engine management light come up ..

Enes :

P2110 Volvo Throttle Actuator Control System – Forced Limited RPM

Author: carobdcode/Categories: Volvo/Time: 2013-08-14 16:00

Possible causes
- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control Module
- Throttle Actuator Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2110 Volvo Description

If a malfunction occurs in the Electronic Throttle Control(ETC) system, the Engine Control Moduel (ECM) will control the enginefrom predetermined data stored in its memory or stop the engine if a safety problem is anticipated,as an Emergency Operation(Limp-Home)mode. The purpose of Limp-Home mode is to control the engine as close as possible to normal engine operation if a malfunction occurs. When the DTC related to ETC system is recorded by the ECM, then this DTC will be set. This DTC only indicates malfunction related to ETC system has occurred and engine is in Limp-Home mode. DO ALL REPAIRS Volvo associated malfunction with ETC system.

ECM sets DTC P2110 Volvo to indicate ETC system malfunction has occurred and engine is in Limp-Home mode. The ECM limits engine speed to 1500rpm after setting the DTC, as an Emergency Operation(Limp-Home)mode

Enes :

i would clean the thorttle and install software update for that code there is update for software at volvo garage what changes fuel trim parameters also reset the fuel trim with advanced scanner when you at volvo garage and do software upgrade

Enes :

whistle sound needs to be looked tested closed or smoke tested for any vacuum leaks if you have vacuum leaks on engine it will create that code and give problem you have also