Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

my engine does not stop when in traffic or at lights .is there

my engine does not stop when in traffic or at lights .is there a problem with stop start
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There are things that would de-activate the autostop feature from working in certain situations for example there maybe low voltage in regards XXXXX XXXXX battery detected by the cars ecu / the fuel level is low / the car engine hasnt reached its desired temperature

/ outside temperature can also play a part in disabling it too.there may actually be further details of which in the owners guide in regards XXXXX XXXXX .usually any fault with that feature would throw fault message or auto stop feature service required..the problem with these is that if they do have problems with this it generally a dealer job/diagnostic to actually check it functioning properly and there isnt software problem..that could certainly be something to consider..I do hope this helps